This cheesy ground beef and macaroni casserole recipe consists of 8 ingredients, including mozzarella cheese, onion, and mushrooms.
Cheesy Ground Beef and Macaroni Casserole
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 (24 oz) jars tomato or veggie combination type spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz dry elbow macaroni cooked al dente and drained
- 16 oz + 8 oz container sour cream
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms drained
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain.
- Add garlic, onion, mushrooms, and spaghetti sauce to skillet and mix.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Place half the macaroni in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan or large casserole dish.
- Cover macaroni with 1/2 the sauce mixture, then 1/2 the sour cream and half the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Place casserole in oven and bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 15-20 minutes more, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.