Try this quick and easy cheddar sausage casserole for your next family meal. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s delicious as well.
Cheddar Sausage Casserole
- 1 lb Italian sausage ground bulk
- 6 oz egg noodles
- 2 T pimento chopped
- 1/4 c green pepper chopped
- 1/3 c milk
- 10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 c Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 T butter melted
- Brown sausage in a medium skillet; drain.
- Cook noodles per directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, noodles, peppers and pimento.
- In a large saucepan, combine soup and milk.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until simmers; remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Add noodle mixture to sauce pan and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into 2 quart greased casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and bread crumbs.
- Layer on top of casserole.
- Bake for half an hour at 350 degrees.