Try this quick and easy to make calico beans recipe. This easy meat and beans casserole recipe consists of 14 ingredients.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 lb bacon uncooked and chopped
- 1 c onions chopped
- 1/2 c green pepper chopped
- 15 -16 oz can lima beans rinsed and drained
- 15 -16 oz can great Northern beans rinsed and drained
- 15 -16 oz can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 15 -16 oz can pork and beans
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 2 t vinegar
- 1 t dry mustard
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- In a large skillet, add bacon, ground beef, onion, and green pepper and cook until bacon and beef is browned; drain.
- Add mixture plus the remaining ingredients to a 3 quart casserole dish and mix well.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 1 hour.