This easy Cajun ground beef and rice casserole recipe consists of 11 ingredients, including celery, onion, and green pepper.
Cajun Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef browned and drained
- 1 c celery chopped
- 1/2 c green pepper chopped
- 1/2 c onion chopped
- 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c brown rice uncooked
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 t Cajun seasoning depending on taste
- 1 c bread crumbs
- 2 T butter melted
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil.
- Combine onion, green pepper and celery and cook until tender.
- Add soup, milk, ground beef, rice, and seasonings and stir to mix.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Take out of oven and stir.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and butter.
- Layer mixture on top of casserole.
- Place casserole back in oven and bake for 25 minutes uncovered.
Recipe submitted by Jody B. via Green Bay, Wisconsin