This easy Cajun crock pot chicken recipe consists of 11 ingredients, including celery, green pepper, and Louisiana style hot sauce.
Cajun Crock Pot Chicken
- 4 lbs chicken parts (wings, thighs, etc.)
- 3 celery ribs sliced
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c flour
- 2 t chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 c olive or vegetable oil
- 1.5 t salt
- 1 t Louisiana or Cajun style hot sauce
- 1/4 t black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until browned on all sides (save drippings).
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot.
- Heat drippings in pan over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir constantly until flour is dark brown.
- Add vegetables, mix thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Cover chicken in crock pot with vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, combine salt, pepper, chicken bouillon, water, and hot sauce.
- Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables.
- Cook, covered, for 4-6 hours on low, or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.