This recipe is a great way to get the kids to eat their broccoli. Enjoy this easy broccoli beef pasta recipe.
What you need:
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 10 ounce package of frozen broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 141/2 ounce can of Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 T tomato paste
- 2 cups cooked Rotini pasta
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese or grated Parmesan cheese
What you do:
- Add basil, broccoli, onion, oregano, thyme, tomatoes, and beef broth to crock-pot.
- Cook, covered for 2 1/2 hours on low.
- Brown beef and garlic in a large skillet; drain.
- Add beef with garlic to crock-pot; cook, covered for 2 hours.
- Mix in tomato paste.
- Mix in pasta and cheese.
- Cook, covered for 20 minutes or until heated through.