This easy breakfast skillet recipe is an easy and delicious alternative to the traditional eggs, sausage, and hash browns.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 4 oz canned mushrooms sliced
- 5 cups hash brown potatoes frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c cheddar cheese shredded
- In a large skillet, brown sausage.
- Add mushrooms, onion, green pepper, hash browns, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes over med-high heat or until potatoes are nicely browned.
- Beat eggs and pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese over mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low heat for 12-15 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese is melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with salsa on the side.