This breaded chicken cutlets recipe is quick and easy to make. Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy, and you will have a family favorite for years to come.
Breaded Chicken Cutlets
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c dry Italian bread crumbs
- 1 c milk
- olive oil
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/8 t salt
- One at a time, place chicken breast between two pieces saran wrap and pound chicken with tenderizing hammer until approximately 1/4 inch thick; set aside.
- In a large shallow bowl, add bread crumbs, salt, and pepper and mix.
- In another bowl, beat eggs.
- Add milk to eggs and stir until well mixed.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs until chicken is well coated.
- In a large skillet, pour enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Heat oil to approximately 350 degrees on medium heat.
- Cook chicken in oil until golden brown on each side and juices run clear; approximately 7 - 10 minutes.
- When cutlets are done, place on a paper towel covered plate to drain.