This quick and easy black eyed pea turkey chili recipe consists of 11 ingredients, including tomato paste, picante sauce, and garlic.
What you need:
- 16 oz package dried black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 c cooked turkey, chopped
- 3 hot water
- 2.5 T chili powder
- 2 t cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium fresh poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 T tomato paste
- 1 c picante sauce
- pinch of cayenne pepper
What you do:
- In a 3.5 qt or larger crock pot, mix together the black-eyed peas, water, chili powder, cumin, garlic, cayenne, onions, poblano pepper and turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add picante sauce and tomato paste to slow cooker and mix.
- Continue cooking for 15 more minutes on low; serve.