This easy beef and bratwurst chili recipe is cooked in a crock pot for 8 hours on low. Try served with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and crackers.
What you need:
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 lb fresh bratwurst cut into bite sized pieces, browned and drained
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 28 oz can whole tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T chili powder
- 2 t ground cumin
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
What you do:
- Combine all ingredients into a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot and mix.
- Cook, covered, for 8 hours on low.