Try this quick and easy to make beef and black bean chili recipe. This chili recipe is made in a crock pot and consists of two types of beans.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 lbs round steak cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 (15 oz) cans chili beans/ranch style beans, undrained
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chiles, drained
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 12 oz can tomato paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Brown beef in hot oil in a large skillet.
- Add beef and remaining ingredients to a 4-6 quart crock pot and mix.
- Cook, covered, for 5-6 hours on low.
- Beef should be tender and beans not mushy when done.
- Serve topped with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and/or jalapenos.