This quick and easy banana apple and walnut compote consists of 6 ingredients, including brown sugar and butter.
What you need:
- 3 medium bananas, sliced into 1 inch bites
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, cut into wedges
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 2/3 c butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/3 c water
What you do:
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add apples and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove apples from skillet
- Turn heat to low and stir in brown sugar until it melts.
- Slowly stir in water.
- Add apples, bananas and walnuts to brown sugar in skillet.
- Over low to medium heat, cook for a few minutes, or until bananas are heated through.
- Serve immediately.