Try this quick and easy baked mashed potatoes recipe. This side dish recipe consists of 6 ingredients, including cream cheese and butter.
What you need:
- 3 lbs (9 -10 medium) gold, yellow, or russet potatoes, peeled
- 4 T butter
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz or 1 1/2 c sour cream
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Quarter potatoes and boil in salted water until fork tender but not mushy; drain.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl with 2 T of butter and mix with hand mixer until fairly smooth.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, salt, and pepper and mix until well blended.
- Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Add potatoes and dot with remaining 2 T of butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered; serve.