This quick and easy bacon and potato soup recipe consists of 11 ingredients, including cheddar cheese and onion.
What you need:
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 10.5 oz can vegetable broth
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 c water
- 5.5 oz package au gratin instant potato mix
- 1 c half and half
- 1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 sweet onion, diced and sauted
- 1/4 c fresh chives, chopped
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Combine potatoes, potato mix, broth, and water in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in onion, bacon, chives, and half & half and cook until heated through.
- Season with salt & pepper and sprinkle cheese on top before serving.
- Recipe submitted by Lois M. via San Antonio, Texas