From the sour taste of the kraut, to the sweet tartness of the apples, this classic apple sausage casserole recipe is delicious and easy to make.
Apple Sausage Casserole
- 1 lb Kielbasa sausage smoked
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 can full flavor beer
- 1 large onion chopped
- 32 oz sauerkraut with caraway seed; drained
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- Cut sausage into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Peel, core, and cut apples into bite sized pieces.
- Combine sausage, onion, and apples in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until onion is semi tender.
- Mix in kraut, beer, and brown sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.