A&W’s Copycat Recipes for Chili Dogs and Onion Rings by ArticleBoss
A&W Restaurants is a chain of fast-food joints founded in Lodi, California in 1919 and it is famous by its draft root beer and root beer floats. Some of its outlets are drive-in restaurants with classic carhops. The company name was taken from the last name initials of their founding partners Roy Allen and Frank Wright. A&W has restaurants in Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, Egypt, Germany, Indonesia, Japan and the United States among others.
A&W Chili Dogs
1 Sabrett brand 2 ounce beef frankfurter (7 1/2″ long)
1 regular hot dog roll
3 Tablespoons A&W Coney Island Sauce (see recipe below)
1 Tablespoon chopped white onion
1/2 Tablespoon Kraft shredded mild cheddar cheese (optional)
A&W Coney Island Chili Dog Sauce
1 pound ground chuck
1 six ounce can Hunts tomato paste
1 Cup water
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
1 Tablespoon dried, minced onion
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Making the Chili Dog Sauce:
1. In a 2 qt. saucepan, brown the ground chuck, breaking into very small
pieces. Salt and pepper lightly while cooking. Do not drain the fat.
2. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, 30-45 minutes until it
thickens. Stir occasionally.
3. Allow to cool, cover, and refrigerate until “Dog-Time”. You’ll be microwaving what you need later.
Cooking your A&W Chili Dog
1. Bring a 2 qt. saucepan of water to a rolling boil.
2. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and add the desired number of
frankfurters to the water. Cover and let sit about 10 minutes.
3. After the franks are done, microwave the chili dog sauce until steaming.
(Only microwave what you need, save the rest) Then microwave each hot dog
roll 10 seconds….just enough to warm.
4. Remove the cooked franks with tongs, and place on the microwaved hot dog
5. Add about 3 Tablespoons of your prepared A&W chili dog sauce, and the
chopped onion. Grated cheddar cheese is optional.
A&W Onion Rings
1 cup McCormick Golden Dipt Tempura batter mix
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup beer
1 extra large white onion, sliced 3/8″ thick 6 cups vegetable oil in your deep fryer
Preheat the deep fryer to 375F Combine the tempura mix with the spices and liquid to make a batter using a fork. There will be some small lumps; don’t worry about those.
Slice the onion, and separate all of the rings.
Dip the individual rings in the batter, and drop into the preheated oil. Deep fry 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate, salt lightly, and serve hot.
For more for more top secret restaurant recipes, please visit greatrestaurantrecipes.blogspot.com/
Article Source: ABC Article Directory | Articles |Submit Articles | Article Search Engine | Article Directory