This easy 1950’s style Coney dog sauce recipe consists of 11 ingredients, including ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
What you need:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 ¾ c ketchup
- ½ c chopped onion
- ¼ c white vinegar
- ¼ c yellow mustard
- 2 T sugar
- 2 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t salt
- ½ t pepper
- ¼ t celery seed
- Cooked hot dogs and buns
What you do:
- Brown ground beef with onion in a large skillet; drain.
- Add ground beef and onion to food processor or blender and pulse until beef is in small crumbles.
- Transfer mixture to a 3.5 quart crock pot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except hot dogs and buns.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Serve over hot dogs in buns.
- Recipe submitted by Sharon C. via Killeen, Texas.