What you need:
- 3/4 c cooked turkey, chopped
- 4 c chicken broth
- 2 c boiling water
- 1 c half and half
- 1/2 c wild rice
- 1/2 c mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c carrots, grated
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 2 T butter
- 2 T sherry
What you do:
- In a medium saucepan, combine wild rice and boiling water.
Cover and simmer for 40 minutes; remove from heat.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan. Add mushrooms and onion and
saute until onions are tender but not browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Gradually add chicken broth, stirring until slightly
- Add rice, turkey and carrots and simmer for 5 minutes. Add half
and half and sherry. Continue cooking on low until heated