What you need:
- 2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c cooking sherry
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/8 t black pepper
What you do:
- Heat 2 T oil in a large skillet. Add chicken to skillet and cook over
medium high heat for a couple minutes per side. Place chicken
into a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and heat. Place mushrooms in skillet
and cook over medium heat for a few minutes, or until tender but
not browned, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms to crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix,
cooking sherry and black pepper and mix. Pour mixture over
chicken and mushrooms in slow cooker. Cook, covered, for 6-7
hours on low. Best served with mashed potatoes or rice.