What you need:
- 9 oz package frozen French-style green beans, chopped
- 1 c potato, chopped
- 3/4 c carrot, chopped
- 1/2 c green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c celery, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 c milk
- 2 c water
- 1 T flour
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 3/4 t dried thyme
- 1/4 t sage
- 1/4 t dillweed
What you do:
- Add potato, carrot, celery, green pepper, water, thyme, sage,
dillweed, salt and pepper to a 3-4 quart saucepan and stir.
Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
Add green beans and simmer for 6 minutes more, or until
potatoes and carrots are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and flour. Stir mixture
- Slowly stir in milk and heat on low until mixture thickens; serve.