What you need:
- 3/4 c cooked chicken
- 3/4 c white rice
- 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 14.5 oz can mixed vegetables, drained
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c celery, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 T butter
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add rice, celery, onion and garlic
and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth and tomatoes to skillet and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is
- Add chicken and mixed vegetables to skillet and mix. Top with
shredded cheddar cheese. Heat on low for 5 minutes, or until
cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper.