What you need:
- 1 lb bacon, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces and cooked crisp
- 1/2 c wild rice, uncooked
- 3 (103/4 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 4 oz can sliced mushrooms
- 1 c celery, sliced
- 1 c onion, chopped
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
- 3 T butter
- 1/4 t black pepper
What you do:
- Cook rice per package directions, drain. Melt butter in a skillet.
Add celery and onion and saute until tender, but not browned.
Combine all ingredients in a 31/2 quart or larger crock-pot and
mix thoroughly. Cook, covered, for 4-6 hours on low.