What you need:
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c medium salsa
- 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- 1.5 T chili powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c uncooked rice (optional)
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
Place chicken in skillet and cook over medium high heat until no
longer pink on outside. Place chicken and remaining ingredients
(except rice) into a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot and mix. Cook,
covered, for 6 hours on low. Serve in a bowl as you would a
- For a heartier meal, cook rice according to package directions.
Add rice to crock pot during the last 20 minutes of cooking time
and mix. May also serve stew over rice.